Monday, July 15, 2013

Insanity- The Program


What is Insanity?
Well it's INSANE.
The hardest workout program ever put on DVD.
It's a 60 day CARDIO-based total-body conditioning program. Comes with a schedule that is all laid out for you. You just follow the calendar and PUSH play.


Month one:
5 workouts about 30 min a day. Including a slightly easier Cardio Recovery once a week. Let me tell you I looked forward to Cardio Recovery day!

Then a whole week just for RECOVERY. Called Recovery Week 

Month two:
4 workouts about 45- 60 min a day. The workouts get a little more intense. Max Recovery is the equivalent to Cardio Recovery during this phase. 

When I first saw the infomercial for this I was thinking dang, that is insane looking. But I wanted to try it. I like challenges and I wanted change so I ordered it. This program is tough. I'm not going to lie. It took MANY attempts to complete it but I told myself if I completed it I could get Focus T25. I really wanted Focus T25. :] This program is perfect for people who like challenges, people who have been active and may be stuck on a plateau (broke me right out of mine), advanced fitness level types, Crazies who just want to try it, cardio lovers, other Beachbody program graduates, and athletes or extreme athletes like rock climbers and snowboarders. 


The workouts:
Fit Test
Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Cardio Power and Resistance
Cardio Recovery
Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs
Core Cardio and Balance
Max Interval Circuit
Max Interval Plyo
Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs
Max Recovery


The trainers name is Shaun T. He's the most caring and genuine trainer I've seen yet. He's so motivating and friendly. No equipment necessary with this program. 

PROS:
60 day program
See and feel results within a week
Workout in the comfort of your own home
Shaun T is encouraging. I love his style. He works out with you (along with the 12 other group members) but it's not fake. He's not smiling the Joker smile the whole time. He doesn't sit there and talk about how fabulous he is like Jillian Michaels does. The group can't even finish the exercises entirely so you feel like you're not alone.
The workouts during month 1 are under an hour
No equipment needed. Just body weight
Warm up and stretches
You sweat hardcore just during the fit test and warmup 

CONS:
Hard on the knees. Lots of jumping, Plyo exercises


Here are some results:




If you have more questions in regards to Insanity, or making me your personal coach message me on FB or comment below. I look forward to chatting with you!









No comments:

Post a Comment